Living happily and letting the ever after take care of itself!!!


Sunday 27 October 2013

Day 2: #TheSW30


Everyone who knows me well knows that I love to smile and it’s by far the hardest thing to get off my face. Oh no, there was a day when the only thing fake about me was my smile and on that day all odds just seemed like they were against me, like everywhere I looked, like literally everywhere, there was a couple all happy and smiles. What made it worse is I got a phone call from a friend telling me that she was happy with her boyfriend for a year now. Don’t get it twisted I am happy for my friend. She hit jackpot when it comes to men (men lottery lol, thank God I don’t gamble hahaha) kk got side tracked for a second there. The conversation that my friend intended to be beautiful and all the lovie dovie cute nunu stuff ended up being very emotionally taxing! I managed to listen through the whole 13 minutes 7 seconds as any friend would, but many different feelings were attacking my heart left, right and every other vessel. On this day I was actually tempted to mention Vodacom on twitter and thank them for their crappy network because it worked in my favour.

I sat on my bed after this heartfelt conversation and I started reminiscing about my past relationships and realised that yes some lasted for three years but was I as happy and content my friend sounded? I cried and started blaming every possible thing that I could think of that made my relationships fail. I don’t know how I fell asleep but I woke up knowing that the day being single sucked had ended!

1 comment:

  1. it really do suck sometimes. at least we're not alone in this journey. hope you can read mine:
    http://baredmysoul.blogspot.com/2013/10/when-being-single-really-sucked.html

    ReplyDelete